Dates: May Bank Holiday Friday 4th, Saturday 5th, Sunday 6th May 2017
Staying at: BEXHILL
Dates: May Bank Holiday Friday 28th, Saturday 29th, Sunday 30th May 2017
Staying at Lincombe Hall Hotel, Meadfoot Road Torquay TQ1 2JP
Hotel website: Lincombe Hall Hotel
The West Midlands has been selected as an area full of diversity and interest both in town and country
Club Spring Visit to The West Midlands
Dates: Bank Holiday Weekend - Friday April 29th - Monday May 2nd 2016
Venue: The Pear Tree Inn & Country Hotel, Smite, Worcester, WR3 8SY. Tel. 01905 756565
Hotel website: www.thepeartree.co.uk
The Club has provisionally reserved 18 rooms for the nights of 29th, 30th April, 1st May 2016. We have a private dining room reserved, the Orchard Room, which is also available for us to show and discuss our images.
Location: The hotel is located at Smite, close to junction 6 of the M5, Worcester North
Possible Visits: The West Midlands offer numerous possibilities. A few contrasting examples:
- Worcester & Birmingham Canal: Offerton Lock flight in walking distance, Tardebigge locks (over 30 in 1 staircase, the longest in Britain) about 30 mins away
- Birmingham: lots of urban opportunities, old & new: e.g. Selfridges Building, the brand new New Street Station atrium, a remarkable new public library, Gas Street Canal Basin, the Jewellery Quarter and Museum, National Trust Back to Back Houses
- Black Country Living Museum at Tipton near Dudley
- Severn Valley Steam Railway at Kidderminster (also Safari Park, Bewdley riverside town by the Severn)
- National Trust: lots in the region inc. Lower Brockhampton, near Bromyard, Coughton Court, Packwood, Berrington Hall, Croft Castle
- Malvern and the Malvern Hills (easy access to lots of paths and the summits)
- Worcester and its Cathedral
- The black and white villages of Herefordshire (there is a trail linking them)
- Welsh Border Country including places such as Ludlow and Leominster
- The red kite feeding centre at Rhyader and the Elan Valley Dams/Reservoirs in the Cambrian Mountains
Bank Holiday Weekend May 1st -5th 2015
Club Trip Dorset
After much searching the Eypes Mouth Hotel has been unanimously selected for Member's going on the Photography Trip.
Eype's Mouth Country Hotel
Tel: 01308 423330
Julie Layzell writes in an email:
"Personally I am a fan of the west Dorset area because of the range of photo opportunities it provides. The coastal strip obviously is fabulous but there area also numerous opportunities just inland such as hillforts, some interesting churches, Marshwood Vale or Portland. I reckon the strip anywhere between Weymouth to Exmouth would provide good opportunities."
Images uploaded or diary with comments of days with images during trip - Blog?